To have Internet access at home, streamyx adsl are several connection types that you can use. First, there is the dial-up access where you will utilize streamyx linksys existing landline service to connect to the Internet. The main disadvantage of streamyx configuration type of connection is the slow speed.
Next, there is the mobile streamyx dsl connection which is suitable for those who often travel. With this, all you need is to subscribe to a mobile broadband service provider who will give you the equipment to use. For example, if you are given a USB dongle, that is what you will use to have Internet connection even when you are traveling.
Third, there is the more popular broadband Internet connection. This is a high-speed type of connecting to the Internet which allows you to be online on a 24/7 basis. Among the other types, this is probably the most preferred and reliable connection that you can have.
Finally, you can get streamyx router to the Internet via wireless broadband networks. Read on to learn more about the pros and cons of wireless broadband.
Wireless Broadband: The Basics
Wireless broadband service is actually similar to the traditional ADSL or Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line. It is one of the types of broadband available today which aims to provide high-speed Internet access to subscribers.
The distinctive characteristic of wireless broadband is, just as the name implies, you can connect to the Internet over a wireless connection.
To have a deeper understanding of what wireless broadband is all about, here is a quick list of its benefits:
- Wireless broadband offers the same high-speed connection as ADSL.
- There is no need for you to have a second phone line.
- You can stay connected to the Internet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- There is more mobility even while you are using your computer within your home - because you will not be restricted by wires.
Is Wireless Broadband Connection Safe to Use at Home?
One of the main concerns that subscribers have when it comes to wireless broadband connection is whether it is safe to have at home or not.
Here are some of the concerns that wireless broadband subscribers have concerning the safety of this type of connection:
- Can hackers actually 'steal' your information once they get into your wireless broadband connection?
- Can other people within the vicinity tap into your wireless broadband connection without your permission?
- Can other users 'see' the files on the computer that you are using if they are able to go through your wireless Internet connection?
To answer all of these safety concerns, there are a few things that you can do. First, make sure to enable wireless security on your network. Anyone who wants to access your wireless Internet connection needs a wireless network key.
Second, you should have a firewall installed to protect your computer files. Third, you need to make sure that your anti-virus program, your anti-spyware and all the other programs designed to protect your computer from harm are all updated.
As long as your wireless broadband connection is properly configured and you have the tools to protect your computer from harm - then this type of broadband is a literally 'wireless', high-speed, hassle-free and convenient way to connect to the Internet.